Be part of the collective storytelling by sharing your photos and stories with us!
How to Share your Photographs
- Upload to our Facebook page or send them to IndianAmerican@si.edu
- Identify what is going in and who is in the photo
- Identify where the photo was taken and when
How to Share your Story
Tell us what being "Indian American" means to you! Email us at IndianAmerican@si.edu with your story (250 word limit).
Consider the questions below to help you write your story:
- Why did your family decide to emigrate?
- What were your first impressions of America?
- How have they changed?
- What was it like growing up in the United States?
- What are your earliest memories of life in the United States?
- What connection to India or Indian culture have you had since being in the United States?
- Why do you think other Americans should learn specifically about Indian Americans?
Your story can be submitted alone or with photographs, drawings, poetry and even include scanned copies of official documents.
By submitting your story, documents, or photographs you give permission to the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center (APAC) to post your story and documents on the IAHP website.
(APAC reserves the right to screen stories submitted and edit for suitable content before posting on the IAHP website. All stories, photos and documents uploaded remain the property of APAC. By submitting your story, you give APAC permission to share your family's journey through other program related publications.)